There are several options when it comes to remodeling your homes. One of the most popular remodeling products involved your countertops, both in your kitchen and in your bathroom. Choosing natural stone are a very popular option for your countertops throughout your home due to a large variety of reasons. We are going to explain which options are the best and why.
What Natural Stone Can I Choose?
- Quartz is made from some of the strongest and most durable minerals on earth. Quartz can be some of the most captivating countertops found on the market as they differ from natural stone slabs as they are man-made in a factory. This allows Quartz to come in a more variety of color options. Quartz countertops are made from roughly 95% Quarts and mixed with other resins and pigments for color. Quartz is also non-porous which means that it will never need to be sealed and is also stain and scratch resistant.
- Granite is a true natural stone that is cut and polished from the earth and then used for your countertops. Granite is meant to last a lifetime after installation and is also stain resistant along with scratch resistant. Since Granite is a natural stone, it is porous and will need to be sealed about once a year. Other than that, Granite is essentially maintenance free needing just warm water and soap to keep it cleaning and shining.
Why Choose Natural Stone?
- If you ever looked at home either to purchase or rent, you surely have noticed that the listing will emphasize the fact that Granite or Quartz countertops have been installed. These are considered the best materials to use, and greatly increase the value of your home.
- Granite and Quartz are both excellent selections and will make your kitchen or bathroom pop. It will be the centerpiece of your kitchen or bathroom, and will almost certainly receive compliments from family members and guests that you invite in your home.
- Both materials for your countertops that we have talked about above are designed to last a lifetime. Both of them are stain resistant, scratch resistant and nearly indestructible. So, choose your colors wisely as it will most likely never be necessary to replace your countertops after they are installed.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are searching for a contractor install your new countertops, Orbe Construction in Baltimore MD can serve your remodeling needs. We offer one of a kind and affordable solutions for your new countertops. Contact us online or call 301-909-8034 today for a free estimate for your countertop project.